Tuesday, July 22, 2008

DVR's are cool

I just recently decided to take advantage of my cable company's offer for to get a DVR. To anyone who reads this and doesn't know what a DVR is (Mom and Dad), it is a Digital Video Recorder. It's like a traditional VCR except it records onto a hard drive, and is way easier to use. I hardly watch any live television anymore! I don't have to worry about missing a show. Whenever i see a preview for something, I just tell my DVR to record it for me, and I don't worry about remembering to watch it. The best thing about it is that I don't have to try and watch a show while I should be spending time with my boys. Plus, I don't have to watch anymore commercials... I just fast forward through them. Also, shows that are on later at night, after my bedtime for instance, I can just record and watch later. Another cool thing is pausing live TV. My DVR records everything while you watch it. So if I need to get up and use the bathroom, or the phone rings, I just pause live TV and then I can fast forward through the commercials to catch up to where I was. Very cool. I love, love, love my DVR. If you don't have one, consider buying one or getting one through your local cable company.

links to this post
Comments:
You're JUST getting a DVR. Many, you're right they're awesome!! THe only problem for me is I'll be recommending a show to a friend and they will ask what night it is on and well, I don't know...because I DVR everything and watch it when I want. It's an amazing invention. Much like call waiting.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?