Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thoughts Running Through my Head

Don Imus... I case you didn't hear, he made a comment on his radio show Monday that could be perceived as racist. Newsflash!!! The guy says things that some people might see as racist. Why is anyone surprised? His listeners and his sponsors should all know by now that he says things that could be offensive. Nobody should be complaining. If you don't like it, don't listen, or don't buy advertising on his show. I see that WABC-AM says they have no plans to discipline him for his remarks. Good... they knew what they were getting when they hired him. End of story.

Tim Russert and George Carlin... Wow, these 2 will be missed. I have read Tim Russerts books, and watched him on Meet the Press. He was a great journalist. This political season won't be the same without him. George Carlin was a ground breaking comedian. Not too many comedians make me luagh out loud like he did. I often steal his joke about "fine and dandy".

"Fine and dandy. That's an old-fashioned one. Say to a guy, "How are you?" He says, "fine and dandy." Not me. I never say that. You know how come? Because I'm never both of those things at the same time. Sometimes I'm fine, not dandy. I might be close to dandy. I might be approaching dandy. I might even be in the general vicinity of dandyhood. But not quite fully dandy. Other times, I might indeed be highly dandy. However, not fine. One time, 1978. August. For about an hour. I was both fine and dandy at the same time. But nobody asked me how I was. I coulda told 'em, "Fine and dandy!" I consider it a lost opportunity."

links to this post
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?