Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Price of Stamps

I heard today that the price of a first class U.S. Postal stamp was going up. From 41 cents to 42 cents. This bothers me. I must say, in no way am I bothered by the cost of a stamp. 42 cents is chump change. I could find 42 cents in my couch right now. Think about this... a roommate of mine from college asked me this one day. A person comes to your house. That person takes a letter from you and will take it to your friends house, anywhere in the United States. All that that person asked for is 42 cents. Is that a good deal? Of course it is. That is the best deal around today really. 42 cents to do that, and they will do it 6 days a week, rain or shine. You seriously cannot find a better deal in the world. What bothers me is... why do they raise it a penny so often? They are just going to have to raise it again next year. I don't go through too many stamps. I never know if the stamps I have are the current price stamp. If I was the Postmaster General, I would raise the price of a stamp to $1.00. 1 buck to have a guy/gal com right to your door and deliver a letter anywhere in the US? That is a deal. But part of the deal is... I wouldn't raise prices for 20 years. I would probably be the first Postmaster General impeached. Isn't most correspondence done electronically nowadays anyway?

links to this post
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?