Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hillary, Superbowl, Kwame, Brittany, Economy and other Stuff

I want to blog. I have been wanting to write down some things, but I really haven't had anything funny or interesting to blog about. So, I will just jot down some things have been thinking

1. How in the world does Hillary Clinton have any support? She seems like a grouchy, vindictive, power-hungry and angry woman. How is it that Bill campaigning with her is helpful? I never would have thought that an impeached ex-president would be a beneficial supporter. Here is a funny picture I found...



2. Superbowl... Go Giants! I'd love to see the cocky Patriots lose their perfect season. I am watching the big game at home tomorrow with C1. C2 will be at the game of course. Here is a pic of C2 from media day...



3. Kwame Kilpatrick.... The mayor of Detroit (if you haven't heard) was busted for lying under oath about an affair he had. His lie cost the city 9 million dollars, and ruined the careers of 2 police officers. I see that he apologized (he didnt say what he apologized for) and basically said that he has talked with his family and worked it out. Of course he didn't mention anything about costing the city 9 million dollars or apologizing to the cops that he fired unlawfully, or to the jurors in the case that he called racist for finding him guilty. Why aren't the citizens of Detroit lined up at his home demanding that he resign? I just dont get it. He won't resign, in fact, I bet he runs for mayor again and gets re-elected.



4. Brittany Spears... are you serious? who cares? She has problems obviously, but a top news story every day?

5. Economic stimulus package... So the government is sending us some money? Don't we have a national debt or something? When these checks start coming out, Wal-marts are going to be packed with people buying tv's. Car dealerships will be offering to double your checks if you buy a car. I guess it will stimulate the economy in the short term, but by September, we will be right back were we are now... in a recession. My advice (if you care), invest it... pretend like you never got it and stick it away somewhere in an investment.... buy a long term CD, or even a savings account. That wont help the economy much today, but I gaurantee you'll be happier long term.

6. My boys are training to be boxers... when they wake up, it's like the first round bell going off. Ding Ding Ding!!! 10 rounds later, it's bedtime. They fight over toys, food, couch space, and floor space. They fight over Mom time, Dad time and even bath time. I spend a large amount of my day playing umpire when I should be doing laundry or cooking dinner. I know, I know it's all part of being a parent, but can anyone give me any advice on making these boys play nice?

I guess that is all for now.

Labels: , , , , , ,


links to this post
Comments:
Have your boys done the "I can eat my mashed potatoes faster than you" thing yet. I can't tell you how many times I have said that food is off limits for fighting over. If you get any good tips, pass them on, man.

Also, you can try the Magic Tree House series. Little mysteries without any scary stuff. Mary Pope Osbourn is the author. Kids get a little history with it too. My boys HATED Junie B. Jones!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?