Monday, February 11, 2008

The Grammy's, Fergie, and Alicia Keys

The Grammy's were on last night. Reminds me of a funny thing that happened to a friend of mine on grammy night a few years back... but anyway...

I am not a big fan of this Fergie chick, but she said something last night that freaked me out. She said something like... "I learned alot from Kids Incorporated, Wild Orchid and Black-eyed Peas". No biggie right? That's what I thought too, but then I started thinking about Kids Incorporated. It was a really badly produced TV show from the mid 80's that I remember my sister and I watching. It basically was a kid sitcom, and occasionally they would break out into a song. I have long since forgotten about it. Until now. Why would Fergie say she learned alot from that crappy show? Unless she was on it! So I researched it, and found out she was on it! She was the cute little girl on it! No Way! If I am the last person in the world to realise this, then I am sorry, but THAT is weird. Then I realized that that cute little girl developed a meth problem. Here's a pic:



Ok, some of you may think I am weird, but oh well. The song "No One" by Alicia Keys does something to me that I have very rarely felt before in a song. If you haven't heard it before, you are missing out. I posted the video so you can see/hear it. The first time I heard this song was around 1am. I had left my TV on and fell asleep. I awoke to this song on my TV. I listened to it while I was half asleep. It made an impression with me. The next day I couldn't get this song out of my mind. I really don't know why. If you know me at all, you are probably thinking that this isn't te type of music I listen too. And you'd be right. I don't listen to urban/soul/R & B music. But, this song makes my skin tingle, my hairs stand up, and my eyes water. I guess it is because the way she sings. You can hear in her voice the way she feels. She isn't singing lyrics off of a music sheet, she feels these words. Maybe that is why she won 2 grammy's last night for this song. Take a listen:



Alicia Keys Lyrics

links to this post
Comments:
"The Grammys" will only ever mean one thing to me as well. :-)

And you DO listen to urban soul music! What WAS your Bobby Brown fandom if not that? I can't listen to Bobby Brown without thinking of you! (note to anyone reading for whom this is new information: This was in college, pre Bobby's crackhead days).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?