Thursday, November 15, 2007

Deer Statues in the Yard

I don't know if it is a country thing, or an Ohio thing, but for whatever reason I seem to be seeing more and more yards with those lifesize concrete (I assume concrete is the material) deer lawn ornaments. I have come up with a basic safety and maintenance checklist for anyone who has these on their lawn.

1. keep them away from the road. I have slammed on my brakes on at least one occasion when I saw one of these statues near the road and thought it was real.

2. If its antlers, ears, or head breaks off, it is time for a new deer statue. Deer statues without heads don't look real.

3. If the paint is chipping off in large chunks, it is also time for a new deer statue or possibly a paint job. half painted, and half concrete colored deer statues are not very realistic.

and

4. For goodness sakes... mow under them. 10 inches of grass growing up underneath them is a dead giveaway for a deer statue.

links to this post
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?