Monday, October 08, 2007

Full Circle


I think I have made a complete circle when it comes to my history of going to concerts. My first concert was when I was around 10-12. I went with my parents to a local county fair (Jackson or Hillsdale). Coincidentally it was the same evening that Loretta Lynn was there so my parents coughed up the cash to see her. I was less than thrilled. I sat through the performance. My next concert was The Jacksons Victory Tour at the Pontiac Silverdome. I was 15. I often tell people that The Jacksons were my first concert, maybe because I was too embarrassed to say Loretta Lynn or maybe I didn't count it because it was with my parents, or maybe it was because it wasn't my choice to go. Anyway, I have been to several concerts since then, including: New Edition (my second concert ever), Bon Jovi, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Def Leppard, Bruce Springsteen, Technotronic, DJ jazzy jeff and the fresh prince, Milli Vanilli (I had free tix), Rick Springfield, Elvis (Costello, not Presley), Shania Twain, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, John Michael Montgomery, Martina McBride, Carrie Underwood, Third Eye Blind, Jimmy Buffet, The Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, George Michael, KC and the Sunshine Band, Sinead O'Conner (pre-Pope ripping), Lonestar, LeAnn Rimes, JoDee Messina, Eddie Money... and these are just off the top of my head. My point of this post is this... I am 38 years old and just booked tickets to see Loretta Lynn for my wife's birthday. We do not do the concert scene much anymore... with kids and all, our priorities have changed. Maybe this will be the last concert I make it too. My first concert and my last concert may be Loretta Lynn.... I have become my parents. I am OK with that. Loretta Lynn was old when I saw her 27 years ago... geez, I wonder what she will be like now.

links to this post
Comments:
Funny thing.....Mom was driving up towards the UP in Michigan and they drove by her tour bus.

Hope all is well with you guys.
xoxoxox
Nicki
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?