Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tiger stadium


The contents of Tiger Stadium are up for auction. This makes me remember the many times I went to that ballpark. Mostly, I went with my Dad. I remember he would always make me carry a jacket... even in the hottest part of the summer, because at night it "might get chilly". I remember my Dad getting sweet tickets from Geoff Zahn when the Twins, and later the Angels, came to town. Nothing was cooler than my Dad asking the batboy to grab Geoff during pregame, and my Dad talking to him as I stood there. I felt like every kids eyes were watching me. I hung out in the bleachers with the Kuras' once and spent a very memorable game in the tiger den once too. The last time I was there was when I won tickets to opening day in 1999; the last opening day there ever. I didn't know how great that place was until I couldn't go there anymore. Almost every piece of the stadium is included in the auction. From seats, to signs, to those portable hot dog steamers the venders would carry around. The most interesting thing I saw on the auction, is the trough style urinal from the home clubhouse. The bid is currently only at $200. What a steal! Check out the auction HERE

links to this post
Comments:
I totally want to buy my brother the home dugout urinal as a birthday gift.

I could SWEAR you went to a few games in the good seats with us! And how do I not remember seeing you opening day of 1999--we were there too! That whole last season is just chock full of good memories. I get sad whenever I drive by the stadium now. I do like Comerica Park but it will just never be the same.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?