Sunday, September 02, 2007

College football season is underway

When I talk to people about my interest in college sports, I often tell them that my 2 favorite teams are the Michigan State Spartans, and whoever is playing the University of Michigan. Well, yesterday was a dream come true. Michigan State won handily against a weak Alabama-Birmingham team. Although the UAB Blazers are not a powerhouse football squad, the Spartans looked half-way decent in Coach Dantonio's first game. (if you remember, I asked A.D. Ron Mason to terminate last years head coach John L. Smith, and of course he took my advice) On the other side of the coin, my other favorite football team (the Appalachian State Mountaineers) handed the Wolverines what I, and many experts, call the biggest upset in the history of sport. I know it is not very sportsmanship-like to root for a team to lose, but now I don't have to listen to Michigan fans talk about a National championship for 12 more months. And who knows, MSU can still go undefeated and win the national championship. I know they have no chance, and they may very well go 3-9 this year, but it looks like we may have a chance to beat Michigan this year for the first time since 2001. Oh, and another thing, if U of M is looking for another head coach, I hear that John L. Smith is available.

links to this post
Comments:
Yeah football!!!!!!!!!
Think we should all head to Lansing and go to a MSU game w/our spouses and boys in tow!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?