Friday, August 10, 2007

Severe weather

OK, what is the deal with local T.V. breaking in to regular programming to inform us/me/we about "severe weather"? All I need to know is that it is coming, whether I should expect high winds, hail, or a tornado etc., then please get me back to Dr. Phil. They spend 20 minutes using their newest weather forecasting software (that I am sure has cost them many thousands of dollars) and draw a map of the weather cell's and determine what time they will hit Main Street, in some city I have never heard of. They even will tell you number of lightning strikes, and size of hail these cells can produce. Who cares really? All I need is "Attention, we are interrupting regular programming to give you this special weather bulletin... There is a tornado warning in XYZ county... we now return you to regular programming." I mean, if I am watching television, I am already inside and safe right? And it is also acceptable to have that little map in the corner with XYZ county colored in so if you forget, you can just look at the little reminder map. Or even the small scroll on the bottom is ok. But the 20 minute lecture on weather that I do not consider to be THAT severe, is ridiculous. I think the stations around here, must have a competition about who can talk about the weather the longest. There I feel better now. Oh, and can anybody re-hash the last 20 minutes of yesterdays Dr. Phil episode for me?

links to this post
Comments:
I'm sorry, but the funniest part of this whole post is: You watch Dr. PHIL???

Hah hah hah ha.....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?