Thursday, June 28, 2007

The word "NO"

no - (noh) adverb, adjective, noun, verb

1. to reject, refuse approval, or express disapproval of.

It seems to me, that half of the members of our household have NO understanding of this word. NO matter how I say it, I always get "the look" or NO response what-so-ever. Whether it's climbing on the furniture, or throwing a toy, when I say NO, I seem to get the same result. "NO NO!" is not twice as effective either. I spend way too much time saying NO to these boys. I wonder how many times I say the word "NO" throughout the day? And, in case you are wondering, it's the boys that don't respond to the word "NO". T and I are very clear of it's meaning.


Modern Language Association (MLA):
"no." Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. 28 Jun. 2007. .

links to this post
Comments:
I was going to say, I hope it's the shortest people in your household who don't get it! See you tomorrow, where I am sure much usage of that word will occur(along with "Don't touch that" "Get down from there" and "Walk, please!").
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?