Thursday, June 07, 2007

pink is for girls

I never noticed how national marketing has made everything for girls pink until we started doing baby boy shopping and could always see the "girls" section of clothes a mile away because it was a sea of pink. Since then, I am amazed at how companies market their items toward girls by making them pink. I often wondered what it would be like to have a baby girl, and despise the color pink. My thinking usually stops after a few seconds when I decide I am wasting my time since I have no girls, and won't ever have any girls. I have seen hundreds of items that were pink, but most recently, at T-ball, I have seen pink baseball gloves, pink batting helmets, and of course pink bats. Even this week, I saw this advert in my local paper for a pink rifle. I have nothing against anything pink, or guns either, but a pink gun is very very weird to me.

links to this post
Comments:
Crap! I think the pink rifle is the only thing I DON'T have for this baby girl. I'm going to have to run out and get one!
 
That may be the most white trash thing I have ever seen in my life. Ever.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?