Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day to all! To me, Memorial Day means the beginning of Summer. It means driving to Indianapolis, and it also means raining at the Indy 500. It means basketball playoffs, auto racing, and baseball games. It means staying at my sisters, and cooking out at my other sisters. It means parades, shorts, sunscreen, and making sure both my camera and video camera are charged. It means fighter jet flyovers. It means silly string (or crazy spray), bubbles and tractor rides. This year, it meant birds... hummingbird eggs the size of a pencil eraser, 3 baby house finches, and 3 unlucky baby robins. It meant family... immediate family, extended family and future family. I think it means a great deal of things to most people. But, please remember why our country celebrates Memorial Day. Stop for a moment to remember the thousands of men and women who have sacrificed their lives so we could enjoy ours.

links to this post
Comments:
Hey, nice post! I thought of you when I saw the rain during the race. Did you go to the race? Did the boys go?
 
No, we didn't go to the race. Chances of rain and cost were the determining factor this year. We plan on taking the boys one of these years.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?