Thursday, August 17, 2006

Immunization Pros and Cons

Anybody who has kids or has ever been a kid knows what I am talking about when I say that it is time for "shots". Well, Yesterday I took C2 to get 3 more of many shots that kids need nowadays. There are some positives and negatives associated with shots. I'll list some that one may or may not be aware of.

Pros:

1. Immunizations are designed to protect your child from serious diseases .
2. Some of these diseases (such as polio and diphtheria) were much more common a hundred years ago, but are now rarely seen thanks to immunizations.

Cons:

1. Seeing your precious baby get stabbed several times can be traumatic even if the ones doing the puncturing are wearing white coats.
2. Sitting in a waiting room requesting a stabbing isn't fun either especially when you hold number 51 and they just called number 26 (Thankfully I only had C2 with me and not C1, because I don't know how C1 would have handled the 2 hours we spent in the hospital).
3. The 23 of the 24 people in front of me in line had out of control kids (one girl's mother was hollering at her daughter to stop misbehaving and the little girl actually had a shirt on that depicted a cartoon of tweety bird, sylvester the cat and the word "Misbehaving" on it)
4. Our local public school starts next week, and I think every kindergartener was in to have his/her shot in order to start school.

Well, C2 did great, and he doesnt have to go back until February. Conner has another year before he needs any shots, so the future is looking bright and free of diseases and crowded waiting rooms.

links to this post
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?